Truman Middle College Alternative High School, Chicago
Facts and Highlights 2014-15*Primary Features: Small school size, college course offerings and support, college and career readiness, seminar, advisory
- Grades: 10-12
- Students: 214
- Gender: Female (58%) Male (42%)
- Race/Ethnicity: Hispanic: (43%) Black (14%) White (2%) Asian (1%) Other (40%)
- Free/Reduced Lunch: 100%
- 1st Generation College 30%
- Average Daily Attendance: 80%
- High School Graduation Rate: 86%
- Students with disabilities: 40 %
- Limited English Proficiency: 17%
College Enrollment Data (2013-14 Cohort)
- Average credits earned by graduation: 10
- Average GPA: 2.42
- 26% graduates attend 2 year colleges
- 2 % graduates attend 4 year colleges
- 14% graduates attend Technical/Certificate Programs
Post Secondary Enrollment
- 87% of graduates aspire to enroll in a 4 year college or educational institution
Students say the best part of their high school experience is:
- All my teachers are awesome. They help me out through my problems, and help me understand my school work. I'm very happy I came to TMC I LOVE IT. I have the support I need, in my other school Curie Metropolitan High School I didn't have the support from teachers or any adult. I feel part of TMC It’s my second home I feel loved and welcomed here. My teachers enjoy what they do best, TEACH and also love working with students. I'm a proud senior and a strong person thanks to Truman Middle College.
- It has been the fact that all kids here have had trouble and all of us here got back up and never gave up on our future we all have two things in common we all messed up at our old school and we all choose to fix it and come here for an education.
- The best part of my experience has been, that we are actually treated as one, not just a bunch, school staff have time to talk to you individually.