North Houston Early College High School
@ Houston Community College -NE, Houston
Facts and Highlights 2013-14*Primary Features: Small school size, college course offerings and support, college and career readiness, seminar, advisory
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 413
- Gender: Female (55%) Male (45%)
- Race/Ethnicity: Hispanic: (90%) Black (7%) White (2%) Asian (1%) Other (0)
- Free/Reduced Lunch: 57%
- Average Daily Attendance: 98%
- High School Graduation Rate: 100%
College Enrollment Data (2012-13 Cohort)
- 358 students in grades 9-12 enrolled in college classes
- Average credits earned by graduation: 54.6
- Average GPA: 2.57
Post Secondary Enrollment
- 95% of graduates aspire to enroll in a 4 year college or educational institution
Students say the best part of their high school experience is:
- Having the chance to get an associate’s degree from HCC because I have already taken some classes I had to take for my major so I’m ahead. Meeting my friends.
- Making friendships with people that are just as dedicated to their studies, getting to know the teachers and have them as mentors.
- Maturing into a young adult and learning about balancing responsibilities and being successful in school.
- The freedom and trust we were given to go over to Houston Community College and conduct ourselves as young adults.