The Charles School
@ Ohio Dominican University, Columbus
Facts and Highlights 2014-15*Primary Features: Small school size, college course offerings and support, college and career readiness, seminar, advisory
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 366
- Gender: Female (58%) Male (42%)
- Race/Ethnicity: Hispanic: (7%) Black (63%) White (21%) Asian (1%) Other (8%)
- Free/Reduced Lunch: 73%
- Average Daily Attendance: 93%
- Enrolled in College Courses : 11th grade 61% 12th grade 73%
- Graduation Rate 64%
- Students graduate with an average of 27 College Credits
- GPA 2.81
College Enrollment Data (2013-14 Cohort)
- 23% Graduate with an AA Degree
- 13 % continue to a 2 year college 60% continue to a 4 year college
Post Secondary Enrollment
- 96% of graduates aspire to enroll in a 4 year college or educational institution
Students say the best part of their high school experience is:
- Taking college classes and having an advantage over other high students.
- The best part of my high school experience is meeting all of my wonderful teachers who helped me succeed.
- Going to college and accelerating my education.
- The small school environment and the college experience and preparation.
- Received an "Excellent" rating from the state department of education