Brooklyn College Academy, Brooklyn
Facts and Highlights 2014-15*
Primary Features: Small school size, college course offerings and support, college and career readiness, seminars, advisory
- Enrollment: 602 students in grades 9-12
- Gender: Female (64%), Male (36%)
- Race/Ethnicity: Hispanic (9%) Black (73%) White (4%) Asian (7%) Other (7%)
- Free/Reduced Lunch: 73%
- Average Daily Attendance: 96%
- High School Graduation Rate: 99%
College Enrollment Data
- Students enrolled in college classes grades 9-12
- 9: 15%
- 10: 53%
- 11: 90%
- 12: 95%
- Average credits earned by graduation 24
- Average GPA 3.31
- 95% students aspire to continue at a 4 year college or other educational institution
Students say the Best Part of my High School Experience was...
- Being able to have new experiences with college classes.
- Learning new things and having bright teachers care for and support me.
- I was taught by teachers who were motivated about teaching their subjects and who really cared about what I learn[ed].
- * Data gathered and analyzed by NCREST (National Center for Restructuring Education, Schools and Teaching)2014.
Awards. Named as one of the "Top 50 High Schools in New York City" 2009 & 2010 . Rated A by the New York City Department of Education: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
NCREST Data for New York
80% of student in MCNC schools in New York State graduate high school and go on to college, compared to 65% from New York State high schools.