International High School , Long Island City
Facts and Highlights 2014-15 *Primary Features: Small school size, college course offerings and support, college and career readiness, seminary, advisory
- Students: Grades 9-13
- Enrollment: 512
- Gender: Female (52%) Male (48%)
- Race/Ethnicity: Hispanic (44%) Black (3%) White (13%) Asian (39%) Other (1%)
- Free/Reduced Lunch: 100%
- Average Daily Attendance: 91%
- Graduation Rate: 82%
- Limited English Proficiency 100%
College Enrollment Data (Graduating Class 2013-14)
- 321 students in grades 9-13 enrolled in college classes
- Average number of credits earned at graduation 29
- Average GPA 2.43
- 30 % attend a 2 year college 51% attend a 4 year college
Students say the best part of their High School experience was:
- Experiencing college life, while being in high school.
- Making new friends of different cultures and beliefs has been a best part of my school experience. Most importantly, meeting my mentor and teachers has been the best part of my high-school experience. I really appreciate my teachers help shown to me and other students with interest in school-work.
- Learning about different cultures around the world while focusing in my academics.
NCREST Data for New York
80% of student in MCNC schools in New York State graduate high school and go on to college, compared to 65% from New York State high schools.