Truckee Meadows Community College High School, Reno
Facts and Highlights 2013-14*Primary Features: Small school size, college course offerings and support, college and career readiness, seminar, advisory
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 214
- Gender: Female (75%) Male (25%)
- Race/Ethnicity: Hispanic: (16%) Black (2%) White (74%) Asian (5%) Other (2%)
- Free/Reduced Lunch: 10%
- Average Daily Attendance: 92%
- High School Graduation Rate: 96%
College Enrollment Data (2012-13 Cohort)
- 186 students in grades 11-12 enrolled in college classes
- Average credits earned by graduation: 31.3
- Average GPA: 3.01
Post Secondary Enrollment
- 88% of graduates aspire to enroll in a 4 year college or educational institution
Students say the best part of their high school experience is:
- Being able to have many opportunities like an internship and volunteer[ing]. It has made me a better person and has opened my eyes to what college is like. I also have a better picture of what I want to achieve career wise.
- Being treated as a responsible adult and being given the opportunity to prove myself as a strong thinker.
- Gaining confidence about myself as a person and a student as well as getting ahead on college courses.
- The encouragement from the teachers to challenge my beliefs and grow as an individual. I wouldn't have gotten this education a[t] a traditional public school.
- Interacting with my professors and looking back at where I started and realizing how far I have gotten now that I am graduating.