Nova / Olive Crest Academy Early College High School, Santa Ana
Facts and Highlights 2013-14*Primary Features: Small school size, college course offerings and support, college and career readiness, seminar, advisory
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 427
- Gender: Female (61%) Male (39%)
- Race/Ethnicity: Hispanic: (98%) Black (0) White (1%) Asian (1%) Other (0%)
- Free/Reduced Lunch: 92%
- Average Daily Attendance: 96%
- High School Graduation Rate: 100%
College Enrollment Data (2012-13 Cohort)
- 166students in grades 9-12 enrolled in college classes
- Average credits earned by graduation: 10.4
- Average GPA: 2.76
Post Secondary Enrollment
- 93% of graduates aspire to enroll in a 4 year college or educational institution
Students say the best part of their high school experience is:
- Being able to take college courses in conjunction with high school curriculum. Also, having loving teachers that are always there to support you and make you feel like a part of a family. Furthermore, seeing your friends around when you go to classes, it just feels like a big family.
- Making new friends and getting college leveled assignments that high schools wouldn't have provided me with.
- The best part of my experience at this school has been learning to recuperate from the mistakes I have made. Many staff members helped me achieved my goal and have motivated me. The staff and teachers in this school are amazing and very helpful. They really care about every student.