Middle College High School @ Santa Ana College, Santa Ana
Facts and Highlights 2014-15*
Primary Features: Small school size, college course offerings and support, college and career readiness, seminar, advisory
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 328
- Gender: Female (57%) Male (43%)
- Race/Ethnicity: Hispanic: (91%) Black (0%) White (0%) Asian (7%) Other (2)
- Free/Reduced Lunch: 93%
- Average Daily Attendance: 98%
- High School Graduation Rate: 100%
- Post Secondary Enrollment: 26% 2 year colleges 62% 4 year colleges 1 % Technical/Certificate Programs
College Enrollment Data (2013-14 Cohort)
- 100% students in grades 9-12 enrolled in college classes
- Average credits earned by graduation: 41.7
- Average GPA: 3.06
Post Secondary Enrollment
- 95% of graduates aspire to enroll in a 4 year college or educational institution
Students say the best part of their high school experience is:
- Everyone is family and wants you to do your best. We are all friends and share the same interest in wanting to go to college and do [well] in school. We fit in... and I feel comfortable talking to all my student body. They push us to strive to better ourselves.
- The independence. I love having the freedom and knowing that adults trust you and have the confidence in you to achieve and do well. I also thought it was easy to make friends here; it was something really [hard to] do in a bigger school like in middle school.
- The best part of my high school experience is learning how to manage high school and college courses at the same time. It helped me prepare for the university.