What to consider before applying for membership?
1. MCNC’s Four Design Principles:
Is your school, or prospective school, committed to the principle that all students should take, and succeed in, college classes; and guided by MCNC’s Four Design Principles as outlined below:
- Deep sustained collaboration with college partner
- Aligned academic programs from the 9th grade through 60 college credits
- Student support appropriate to the needs of the students and the demands of the college
- Professional development focused on the boundary spanning roles of high school and college staff who sustain the collaboration
2. Membership Requirements
If your school is interested in becoming a member, it must:
- Agree to implement MCNC’s Four Design Principles.
- Submit a formal application
- Submit letters of commitment from the School District, the college liaison, the high school staff, and the principal.
3. Ongoing Membership
To sustain membership your principal must:
- Attend at least one MCNC conference annually
- Pay annual dues
- Collect and submit annual school data
- Continue to implement MCNC Four Design Principles
- Host one National Student Leadership Initiative Conference at a time mutually agreeable to both MCNC and the school
Become a member- apply for membership today.