Research Based, Collaborative Professional Development
Staff participates in on-going, embedded professional development focused on student success. Reflective practice is the center of professional development. New teachers are helped to understand and implement the goals of the community.
- Meeting time for professional teacher groups/learning communities is built into the school’s weekly schedule. Working in small groups, teachers focus on instructional practice and offer mutual assistance.
- Each staff member has a written professional development plan based on personal and school needs.
- Teachers regularly review each others’ teaching and student work.
- Staff exhibits high levels of satisfaction and engagement with their professional development opportunities.
- Staff apply new knowledge and skills to their work in a continuous cycle of improvement.