Greenville Technical Charter High School (GTCHS) is a US Department of Education top 15 Charter School, National Blue Ribbon winner, and US News and World Report Bronze Medalist. We are an Early/Middle college high school allowing our students to complete college credit coursework while in high school. We are active members of the Middle College National Consortium and the Charter School Alliance of South Carolina. We are currently seeking a high energy and dynamic individual to lead our school with passion and dedication. We want someone who will work with our governing board to guide this nationally recognized charter school to the next level of achievement as we prepare our students to meet the challenges of the twenty-first century.
- Certified Administrator
- Master Degree in Education or related field
- Outstanding communication skills
- Previous building level administration in a non-traditional school preferred
Demonstrated Skills, Responsibilities, and Outcomes
Program Development and Management
- Maintain and grow our culture of high achievement, performance, and accountability among students, faculty, and staff
- Develop new educational programs and monitor existing programs for effectiveness
- Drive student, faculty, and staff performance through innovative use of new and existing technologies
- Supervise the project-based learning programs to develop academic and technical components based on a hands-on-environment
- Cultivate critical and independent thinking skills of students, faculty, and staff
- Maintain and strengthen the relationship with Greenville Technical College
Public Relations and Communications
- Actively participate in promoting charter schools at the local, state, and federal levels
- Actively participate in the Middle College National Consortium and the Charter School Alliance of South Carolina.
- Work to grow the community reputation and involvement of Greenville Technical Charter High School
- Develop opportunities for Greenville Technical Charter High School to demonstrate the commitment to the community through avenues including student community service projects and community partnerships
Financial Management and Administration
- Manage current accounting and bookkeeping procedures to ensure accuracy and compliance to federal and state regulations
- Work with the Business Manager and the Board of Directors to create, implement, and monitor the school’s budget
- Work with the Audit Committee to review and monitor audit and compliance practices and processes
- Ensure that the budgeting and actual spending line up with the school’s stated mission by focusing on the linkage of rigorous academics, technology, and careers
- Maintain current relationships, eligibility, and preferences with existing grantors
- Work with the current faculty and staff to identify and secure new sources of grant funding
- Oversee the administration of personnel procedures that will include: payroll, employment decisions, contract negotiation, and work flow
- Work with the faculty and staff to develop professional development objectives with appropriate performance metrics and accountability measures
- Recruit, train and motivate top tier teaching talent
- Work closely with the Board of Directors to develop the school’s long term strategic plans along with implementation milestones and performance metrics
- Involve the Board of Directors by utilizing their skills and experience to assist in the development of the school, strategic planning, and significant decisions
The previous leadership of GTCHS has elevated our school to a level of top national performance. To maintain this leadership role, we must continue to challenge ourselves as we innovate education in America. This means the responsibility of being principal of GTCHS will not be an easy role to fill. There will be a constant push needed to stay a top school and only a special person will be able to pick up where we are and take this school to the next level of success, accomplishment, and recognition. The challenges will be there. We need someone who is versatile and able to fill several roles for which a larger school would have additional staff. We need someone who will work together with Greenville Technical College to make a profound difference in the lives of students on their way to becoming leaders in their fields. If this describes you and you are up for the challenge and the rewards, we invite you to apply and demonstrate to us your ability, conviction, and attitude.
The school will provide equitable opportunities for all students to acquire an education focused on linkages among rigorous academics, technology, and careers to produce graduates who are prepared for success in the global workforce of the twenty-first century.
Greenville Technical Charter High School aspires to create an equitable community of learners in which mutual respect, trust, integrity, and the pursuit of ideas are valued and appreciated.
- Resumes should be submitted to the school at the following address:
Mr. David Setzer
Greenville Technical Charter High School
506 S. Pleasantburg Drive
Building #119, Mail Stop 1201
Greenville, SC 29607
- The deadline for resume submission is Friday, January 11, 2013.
- A minimum of three (3) candidates will be selected for interview. Only the names of final candidates for the position may be subject to disclosure. All other applicants for the position will remain confidential.
- Interviewing for the position does not guarantee future employment.